Welsh Labour Market 2020
Growth in employment in the early-mid 2000′s has given way to recession and stagnation. What is the outlook for jobs to 2020? Can employment offer a route out of poverty? How can the cycle of low-skill and insecure jobs and unemployment be broken? What can be done about areas of Wales with exceptionally high unemployment? How can people who already disadvantaged in the labour market be helped to find work?
This Bevan Foundation in partnership with the Joseph Rowntree Foundation is organising a landmark conference to discuss the labour market in Wales.
Speakers will include:
- Dr Stephen Drinkwater, University of Swansea
- Jeff Cuthbert, Deputy Minister for Skills
- Carol Stanfield, Assistant Director, UK Commission on Employment and Skills
- Dr Lynn Gambin, University of Warwick
- Matthew Tinsley, Policy Exchange
- Kathryn Ray, Policy Studies Institute
- Jonathan House, Chief Executive, Cardiff Council
This is a FREE event and demand is expected to be high so book early to avoid disappointment*
« Is There a Crisis in Social Care? 2013 Programme »