‘Resilient communities’ is a phrase that’s been hard to avoid in recent months and is central to the discussions about the future of Communities First. Great though it sounds, it is much less clear what resilience means or how it Read more »
Essential summer reading on Brexit, the election and more, exclusively for Bevan Foundation subscribers.
The latest edition of Exchange looks at where we want Wales to be and what we should have achieved in five years time.
It’s been a very busy few months since our last edition – we’ve had Assembly elections, a new Welsh Government and the EU referendum. A range of contributors explore what all of this will mean for Wales in the next five years, and what needs to be done to make Wales a fairer and better place to live for everyone.
Exchange is an exclusive benefit of your Bevan Foundation membership, so please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Laura McAllister comments on the latest National Assembly for Wales election.
- Michael Trickey maps the challenges facing public services in the Fifth Assembly.
- Marcus Longley and David Egan analyse the options and obstacles that the new Health and Education Secretaries will need to come to terms with.
- Calvin Jones considers the impact of Brexit on Wales’ economy.
- Kevin Howells lays out his vision for housing in Wales during the next five years.
- Paul Thomas explains why sport has a fundamental role to play in boosting confidence.
- June Milligan sets out how she sees the Equality and Human Rights Commission working in Wales as she begins her tenure as Commissioner.
- Mark Barry guides us through plans for the Cardiff Capital Region.
- and Lis Burnett offers Barry as an example of ‘whole town regeneration’.
- Samaritans Cymru give an account of their work on improving the role of emotional health in the school curriculum.
- Catherine A’Bear, Regional Manager at Rehab JobFit
To get your copy, simply subscribe for as little as £3 a month for individuals / £21.50 a month for organisations – find out more and subscribe now!