The Bevan Foundation is an independent charity and social enterprise working for social justice in Wales.
We seek solutions to poverty and social exclusion, inequality and injustice. We:
- develop ideas for action based on sound evidence
- enable exchange of ideas between policy-makers, practitioners and the public
- challenge the myths and stereotypes.
Our work is helping to make Wales a fairer place for everyone. Our innovative ideas are shaping government policies and actions to tackle poverty and social exclusion, achieve equality of opportunity and encourage democracy. Our cutting-edge analysis and commentary on current issues are informing public opinion. And our lively debates about the challenges facing Wales are inspiring people and organisations of many kinds.
Together with our members and supporters we are building a fair Wales.
The Bevan Foundation is funded by membership subscriptions and donations, research grants and commissions, and income from events. Anyone who shares our aims is welcome to join us or come to one of our events, and we also welcome proposals for research projects.
We are committed to:
- independence from any political party
- balance and fairness in our activities
- working in partnership with organisations that share our aims
- equality of opportunity
- supporting Welsh culture and language
- working ethically and sustainably.